The darling organic beauty queen at Storybook Apothecary nominated me for a Sunshine Award! If that isn’t a reason to smile, I don’t know what is! First of all, I’ve loved pretty much every entry on the Storybook Apothecary blog. Aside from having a serious interest in purchasing some of the amazing products (which I will once I’ve got some other major things paid for), I admire her desire to show us fun alternative solutions to skin care! Hurray for essential oils!
So thank you, my dear, for this nomination!
Rules for those nominated are as follows:
• Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog.
• Answer 10 questions about yourself.
• Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers.
• Link your nominees to this post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
• Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
1. Favorite colour? TEAL!
2. Favorite animal? Unicorns, mermaids, and SLOTHS!
3. Favorite number? Really don’t have one!
4. Favorite non-alcoholic drink? Cold Kombucha drinks (like GT’s Organic Raw Kombucha)!
5. Prefer Facebook or Twitter? Facebook all the way.
6. My passion? Animal welfare / bioethics, and cruelty-free beauty.
7. Prefer getting or giving presents? There’s much more satisfaction in giving the gifts. I often make custom cards, and have such a great time making personalized gift bags. Not gonna lie – I love receiving ’em too.
8. Favorite pattern? Horizontal stripes (I lack hips, so I’ll take any enhancement I can get), or really intense chunky patterns.
9. Favorite day of the week? Friday!
10. Favorite flower? Phalaenopsis Orchids!
Who I nominate:
- everysensory: the rooster-loving author of this blog posts about many different things, skin care related, chicken-related (I love them too :); I love her nail polish posts, and her thoughtful feedback to my posts. Definitely a blog worth checking out!
- anonymoushedonist: this lady is hilarious! On top loving her beauty-related entries, I am a huge fan of sarcastic humour, and each time I feel a little blue, I check out this lady’s blog!
- Product Junkie Girl: she’s got a great variety of posts, and I love that she’s also an animal lover. Although her darling beagle Oreo passed away, you ought to check out the pics of her new two puppies!
- sugarmitten: her fabulous moustache shows this lady has a great sense of humour. Her nail polish reviews, and pics of what she’s got on her nails always excite me! Love it!
- Little Pink Corner: Let me just say, that this lady has me intrigued! She’s an animal lover, and began her blog to discuss literature, politics and philosophy. As an ethics major, I’m definitely drawn to the philosophy aspect, and am also very interested in politics (from a market anarchist perspective). I just wish she would write more in English (or I knew Spanish!). Viva la Revolucion!
**I am only nominating 5 for this, as I’m still new to the community, despite being a beauty blogger since January 2011. Only since March 2012 have I really gotten involved, and I’m LOVING IT!