I have been traveling, but I haven’t forgotten about you all!
It is high time for another crazy rant about my favourite skin care product of all time (and no, it is not something that is available at Sephora): coconut oil. Not only is this a very affordable product, new benefits to consuming this oil are being discovered all the time. I just wanted to share with you some of my favourite ways of using it, and exactly how I work with this tasty (and nutritious) treat.
My Favourite Uses for Coconut Oil
- Makeup remover: lightly dip a cotton pad in coconut oil, and wipe away that mascara and eye makeup!
- Face & body moisturizer: slather on some coconut oil from top to bottom after a shower, and before bed. I’ve been doing this for over a year, and my skin is so soft!
- Winter moisturizer: use prior to applying your regular moisturizer in the winter, for extra hydration!
- In food: use coconut oil instead of another cooking oil, or add to smoothies for extra energy!
- Hair: saturate your scalp & hair in coconut oil, cover with a hot towel, then wash out with shampoo after 10-20 minutes.
For more information on this amazing oil, visit The Coconut Research Center!